[r6rs-discuss] comment and vote (if allowed)

Robby Findler robby at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Aug 24 09:40:34 EDT 2007

On 8/24/07, Elf <elf at ephemeral.net> wrote:
> find some module
> or library system similar to all existing ones, and give it sufficient power
> to allow implementations to export their differences as modules includable by
> others.

It is naive to believe that this was not the goal of the editors. Look
at who the editors are and consider their experience with module
systems, both in a research setting and as programmers. Read the
editor's email archives to see the paths they explored.

By my (admittedly weak) memory, what you write above reflects the
state of the editors' thinking at least five years ago.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying criticism is a bad thing, merely that
the criticism is more useful to the editors (and to the Scheme
community at large) if you take the time to investigate a little more
fully first.

Robby