[r6rs-discuss] Scheme pattern matching & R*RS

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Tue Dec 14 13:09:25 EST 2010

On 12/14/2010 09:48 AM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Per Bothner<per at bothner.com>  wrote:
>>
>> I was thinking in terms of the patterns based on:
>>
>> http://download.plt-scheme.org/doc/372/html/mzlib/mzlib-Z-H-27.html#node_chap_27
>
> That documentation is very old, from December 2007.  The current
> documentation for `match' is here:
>
>    http://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/match.html

I was deliberately linking to the "very old" documentation,
because it has the property that (var1 var2 var3) is a valid
pattern matching a 3-element list.  If I'm reading the newer
documentation right, it requires you to write (list var1 var2 var3),
which seems highly undesirable for a standard (built-in)
pattern language, and is incompatible with syntax-rules.
--
	--Per Bothner